Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Rain is Good Thing


September 6th, 2012

“Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes by baby feel a little frisky, back roads are bogging up, my buddies pile up in my truck, we hunt our honeys down, we take them into town, start washing all our worries away, rain is a good thing!” – lyrics by Luke Bryan

It hasn’t rained in Swaziland since April.  That’s four months where the already dry dirt has been getting dryer and dryer.  It’s been really windy here lately and the dust that gets blown around is so thick I can barely see past my homestead.  Well the strong winds have finally blown in some rain clouds. 

It rained non-stop for four days.  I have managed to collect 175 liters of water and now I’m out of buckets.  A mote has formed around my hut and I’m scared to eventually emerge and try and get anywhere on the flooded dirt paths, but rain is a good thing.  It really does make corn here.  Since the ground gets so dry during winter no one can plow their fields and plant their maize without rain.  No maize equals no food for some families, so rain is a really, really good thing.  Here the maize may not make whiskey, but it does make homebrew beer, a stable at any social gathering.  So here is a very happy welcome to the rainy season, may it be a long one!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!! I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr. Ariba rendered to me, I was a HIV patient my mom also was a HIV patient, we saw a blog whereby Dr. Ariba cured HIV, we (Me and My mom) decided to contact him which we did, he asked us to buy some items, unfailingly we sent him the money he will need in buying the items required, He prepared the cure and sent it to us and after we have used the herbs he sent to us he asked us to go for check-up after three days of using the herbs, Luckily for us we were tested HIV negative, now I believe all these Testimonies about him on the INTERNET, he is truly a great man, if you want to discuss with me on how he cured us, kindly email me on cuteguedes@gmail.com or you can contact the great Herbalist and a spell caster on draribaspelltemple@gmail.com, dr.aribaspelltemple@outlook.com, or you can call him via his mobile phone number on +2348140439497

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless Dr. ozman for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HIV since 2010 and I was taking my medications, I wasn’t satisfied i needed to get the HIV. out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HIV i saw a comment about Dr. ozman, how he cured HIV with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 8 days later i was cured from HIV,thank you dr.ozmanspellhome@gmail.com Dr ozman ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SIR contact him whatsapp number +2349061515609
    1 cancer cure
    2 HPV cure
    3 ringing ear
    4 herpes cure
    5 fabriod
    6 HPV cure
    7 diabetes cure
    8 Get your ex back
    9 Hepatitis B
    10 Pregnancy herbal medicine

    ReplyDelete